If you have been searching for a Bitdefender Antivirus Review to help you get to a decision, then this post might assist you.
Bitdefender is known to be in the ranks of the most impressive antivirus tools in the market today, even competing with big names such as Kaspersky and Norton. Having said so, I have high expectations of their offerings.
How about you? Can you say the same thing? If so, let us dive deeper and get started with this Bitdefender Antivirus Review.
What Does the Bitdefender Antivirus Have to Offer?
No matter what plan you pick, you can take advantage of the same technology and protection.
In addition to that, Bitdefender Antivirus records and examines every malware and virus that it comes across with. In other words, they have a database of those pesky threats so the antivirus can easily detect and remove them from your device.
- Ransomware monitor and solution – the software keeps ransomware from encrypting your files while simultaneously running Ransomware Remediation. The latter backs up files in case Bitdefender classifies your file as ransomware.
- Phishing detection – they have a feature called Web Shield wherein it protects you from phishing and malicious sites, and hinder your access to malware.
- Webcam protection – stalkers and hackers can actually hack your webcam and snoop while you use your device. Fortunately, Bitdefender has a feature that can safeguard your from prying eyes. You can also use this on picking which software on your computer can access your camera and restrict those you don’t like.
- SafePay – protects you from hackers and keyloggers so you can safely shop online and visit your banking site without worries. Apart from this, this feature can hinder browser extensions and malware that install themselves without your permission. Plus, they will warn if you will visit unsecured websites. However, this is only limited to banking and online shopping sites.
- Password Manager – have senior moments every now and then that you forget your passwords? This tool allows you to keep all of your login details in one place. Additionally, it guards your credit card data and other pertinent private information. You can even sync up the password databases to the protected devices so they all have access to the password directory. This is a really convenient feature, especially to those who are maintaining several accounts.
- Safe Files – got really important files? You can store them in the Safe Files folder so the files can’t be edited, modified, or even read by other software if you don’t give them access. Plus, you can delete files for good without a trace by using the File Shredder.
- Anti-tracking – sites usually gather information about your online activities when, for instance, they request you to accept cookies. This is done so they can display ads relevant to your likes, while others pass your online behavior or activities to other companies. The point here is they are snooping on you without you knowing. Fortunately, Bitdefender can detect and block those trackers so you can surf online safely. This can also speed up your website loading time.
- VPN – their free VPN is powered by Hotspot Shield, which is an outstanding VPN service provider. The thing is that you are only allowed 200MB of traffic per device every day plus you can’t change your location. It’s just for basic use. But if you buy their premium VPN, you will get unlimited browsing data plus choice of different server locations. The premium service is quite pricey compared to other antivirus with VPN, but you still save 50% off from this offer as opposed to directly buying a one-year plan from Hotspot Shield.
Are you getting something from this Bitdefender Antivirus review yet? Do you think you are ready to buy?
Do They Have More to Offer?
Big Yes! Just see below:
- Anti-theft feature – you can find, lock, and wipe data clean from stolen or lost device. This works on Windows, Mac, and Android devices. It is even compatible with Wear OS smartwatch to help you spot lost phone, laptop, etc.
- Parental control – you can block content, and track your child’s location.
- Spam filter – this email filter works with Microsoft and Mozilla Thunderbird email apps.
- Different modes – you can adjust CPU usage by restricting scans when you work, watch movies, or playing games. This way, your device does not need to work too hard.
- Cohesive firewall – can whitelist IP addresses and ports, and block apps (if needed) that go through the firewall.
Best of all, you can try their features risk-free for 30-days before you commit. Do you think this Bitdefender Antivirus review already gave you all the details that you need? There’s more to read.
Should I Stick To The Free Version?
The free version has the following features:
- Antivirus scanning
- Real-time protection for Windows devices ONLY
- Anti-fraud and anti-phishing tools for Windows ONLY
- Web protection for Windows ONLY
Both the free and premium versions use the same scanning engine. However, the free version lack ransomware protection, Safe Pay, and password manager, and most of its features only work on the Windows platform.
For me, those are really important features that will help me safeguard my data and devices. So if you ask me, it’s better to splurge on the paid version of the Bitdefender Antivirus.
What are The Bitdefender Antivirus Plans?
Apart from the free version, Bitdefender Antivirus has three plans:
Basic Plan – Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Naturally, this has more features compared to the free version. Aside from the basic perks, it has better ransomware protection, 200MB daily traffic for VPN, 24/7 dedicated customer support, anti-phishing, anti-fraud, and safe online banking tools.
Most of those features are not offered by other competitors with the same price range.
Advanced Plan – Bitdefender Internet Security
Besides the features mentioned in the first plan, this has anti-spam filter, microphone and webcam protection, privacy firewall, parental control, and file encryption with password protection for registered devices.
The first two plans, however, work on Windows only.
Highest Paid Plan – Bitdefender Total Security
This plan works on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices. It has features already mentioned on the first two plans, and more. You can access your devices no matter where they are through the Bitdefender Central account. There’s the OneClick Optimizer too, so you can enhance your device’s performance even when it is far from you.
I am not particularly happy that the first two plans are exclusive to Windows. Only the Total Security Plan can cater MacOS.
Their free VPN is good for 200MB and limited to one location only. Their paid VPN is high-priced too. Plus, SafePay browser is limited to online shopping and banking.
Those are my complaints, but they were offset by the fact that Bitdefender remains as one of the most trusted antivirus today. Why?
Their software and mobile app are uncomplicated and easy to understand. They have a rich database of help and detected viruses and malware for optimum protection of your devices.
If you encounter problems, their site has a huge collection of guide and articles so you can troubleshoot issues before calling them. Email, phone, and live chat support options are also available if you need urgent assistance.
But what makes the Bitdefender Antivirus most recommendable is its slew of premium features such as the webcam and microphone protection, real-time phishing detection, and ransomware solutions.
They also offer spam filters, dedicated password manager, parental control, and a special browser called SafePay to encrypt your online payments. What more can you ask for?
The scans are intensive yet quick so they don’t require too much performance. If you are not yet sure, you can avail their free 30-day trial.
So if you are looking for an antivirus that will keep your devices safe and clean, the Bitdefender Antivirus is an exceptional choice no matter what plan you pick.
Click here if you’re looking for a standalone VPN.
Leave a Reply