Wealthy Affiliate hosting comes free of charge with a premium membership of Wealthy Affiliate. The thing is that they have made changes to their hosting as of late. Recently, they have introduced their independent Managed WordPress Hosting Brand.
But how will this affect old and new members of Wealthy Affiliate?
Those who were already premium members prior to March 16, 2020, can still avail the benefits of the old plan – which is host 25 websites and 25 domains on their hosting account.
New premium members after the said date can host 10 websites in their hosting account, which is more than enough for most affiliates. If you ask me, this is already an amazing offer.
Free members, on the other hand, can host 1 website and take advantage of 10 training lessons for free. However, you won’t have access to all awesome benefits.
Interested in what else Wealthy Affiliate web hosting has to offer? You can click here to join the Wealthy Affiliate Starter Membership or better yet, read the rest of this review.
Table of Contents
What Is Wealthy Affiliate Hosting?
The Wealthy Affiliate Hosting is pretty much a one-stop shop to help you easily manage your website hosting.
What do you mean by “one-stop shop”? This is a website hosting that offers all that you need to effectively manage your WordPress websites. The best thing is that you can find everything in one place and you only need to pay one price. You will have to shell out $49 per month.
You can also switch to yearly payment plan, after which it’ll cost you about $29 per month for all the Wealthy Affiliate Premium services. I’m convinced that there’s no better deal and better services currently than Wealthy Affiliate.
What Can You Get From Wealthy Affiliate Hosting?
Unlike other hosting companies, Wealthy Affiliate web hosting has everything for you, including those that you need on the back end. What I love about this is that you don’t need to pay more to get them.
Here’s what you will get:
- 10 WordPress sites
- Instant DNS Setup
- Amazon.c3.large (for fast hosting)
- 30 GB website space
- Bandwidth for 500k visitors per month
- SSL certificate
- Site builder
- Staging environment
- Full redundancy
- Enterprise security
- Daily website backups
- 24/7 access to server admins
- Unlimited email accounts
- BotNet security
But wait, there’s more!
- SitePlus SiteSpeed – this helps boost your speed without having to install additional plugins that will only affect your site’s speed. This feature has the capability to maximize your site’s speed by ultra-fast caching (and more) for faster loading of web pages.
- SiteProtect Spam Blocker – most plugins can only block spam at site level. This one right here can block at the server level so your database is freed from clutter.
- Site Comments – Wealthy Affiliate members are granted with credits for site engagements and leaving good comments on other member’s sites. You can exchange those credits so your site can get comments from others as well.
- Site Feedback -has the same concept with site comments feature.
- Site Health – checks your site so that it can be indexed by different search engines and get traffic.
Can you find other affiliate web hosting programs with the same value? If not, you can click here for Wealthy Affiliate hosting, including all their other services. Or if you want, you can read about more of their offerings.
How They Operate Their Hosting Network?
How do they intend to be the best when it comes to being an all-inclusive and independent Managed WordPress Hosting Brand?
I mean, they would not be spending millions in research and development if they don’t strive to be the best of the best in the managed WordPress hosting field. Right?
For more than a decade now, the Wealthy Affiliate brand has been working hard to provide their clients with the most advanced yet dedicated hosting platform that caters to anything WordPress-related.
To be successful, they focused on the following:
Security – day by day, websites are attacked by hackers to cause downtime and to steal pertinent personal details, or takeover your site. Fortunately, security is Wealthy Affiliate’s forte.
They have thwarted viruses and hackers as they regularly monitor your site. They have ingenious protection technologies in place to protect your data and keep your site safe.
In addition to that, Wealthy Affiliate hosting backs up sites on a daily basis compared to others who only do weekly backups. Having said so, you won’t need to install and pay for another plugin for this.
Speed – they have made huge strides in this aspect over the years. The reason for improving speed is that this is a huge contributing factor for SEO. Furthermore, Google places value on sites that load fast, and users are not happy if your site is too slow.
Wealthy Affiliate web hosting uses cloud hosting via Amazon EC2 hosting. Netflix, Facebook, and other powerful websites use similar setup.
We can partly attribute the increase in speed to their SitePlus SiteSpeed feature which is exclusive to Wealthy Affiliate web hosting members.
You also get free SSL. Just select on and you get protection free of charge. Can you get this from others?
Reliability – their aim is for your site to go 99.9% live online. How so? First is through redundancy. Your site is mirrored. In case, you encounter problems or downtime, the mirrored version goes live until you can fix your issues.
The second is through daily backups for faster restoration of the site’s previous working state.
Last is with the help of robust servers made available by the Amazon EC2 platform and real time monitoring to get your site back live if it goes down.
Support – majority of hosting companies will direct you to their front liners or customer service representatives who will try to resolve your issues. If and when they can’t address your concern, you will be passed to someone else who will fix the issues for you.
But with Wealthy Affiliate hosting, you will be immediately pointed to their server admin which is amazing, if you ask me. These are experts that will do troubleshooting for you in just 5 minutes or so… and no, I am not exaggerating.
Pros and Cons of Wealthy Affiliate Hosting
Let’s start with the pros:
All inclusive – it has everything in one place. You don’t need to buy and install other plugins (that can potentially slow your site) because everything is ready for you. Mind you, these are extremely important features (i.e. SSL, security, etc.), and you don’t need to shell out more for them. You don’t even need to install WordPress as they will do it for you. Is there more to ask for?
- Support – you get the support you need right away because you are immediately directed to the experts themselves. No more frustrating experience.
- User friendly interface – again, everything is where you need it -right in front of you. All the data that you need is easily accessible.
- Site comments and feedback – it is extremely difficult for newbies to get engagements so this is a huge plus in my book. Google will love your site because of this, too.
- Innovative – they want to add value to their clients so they always work to improve user experience.
- Price – it packs a lot of punch for its affordable price.
- No access to cPanel – there are some things you can only do in cPanel. This might make expert site owners shy away from this platform. The silver lining here is that you can always ask their support if you need to do something in cPanel.
- Purely WordPress based – other platforms are not yet supported.
- No phone hot line – other affiliate web hosting programs have phone support so you can talk to their agents right away. From my experience though, it isn’t necessary because you can contact them and solve any problems in minutes via their chat messaging system.
When I first saw the price of Wealthy Affiliate web hosting, I honestly expected a mediocre service. After all, we have often been told that we get what we pay for. As it turned out, it offers lots of value to those who choose their premium membership.
To answer the title’s question, Wealthy Affiliate hosting is really good.
If they continue what they are doing now, which is to strive for excellence, I really think they will be huge in the managed WordPress hosting industry.
Bear in mind though that their hosting service is only a supplement to the Wealthy Affiliate platform. Their main offering is their online business courses and training that will guide you to build your own moneymaking website.
Update: May 11, 2020
Since May 11, 2020 you can still join Wealthy Affiliate as a Starter Member for free. But, the price of the yearly price of the Premium Membership has increased.
Price: $495 per year
Discount: $93 off (basically a 2 month discount)
Bonuses: Free .com Domain ($14 value), 100 Community Credits, Bonus Live Class (AMA With Kyle, Succeeding in 2020)
The monthly price is $49 per month, and there’s $19 for the first month for newcomers. As always, with WA, there are no upsells, and no hidden costs, just 2 kinds of memberships – Starter and Premium.