What is an affiliate marketing website? Do you even need one? Those who are interested in becoming an affiliate marketer will want to know the details that revolve around this as it can be your bread and butter.
However, the process of creating an affiliate marketing website is not as easy as it seems as there are many components that need to be looked into. Despite that, interested parties still push forward as affiliate marketing is one of the most prevalent ways to earn money online.
Many will tell you that you can make your own site, and advertise products and services to get commission from sales. There is a lot of work to do as your success will depend on the work that you put in. It is suggested that you allocate time to grow your website and following through creating quality content. Only then will you be able to make money online.
In this article, we will answer several questions such as “what is an affiliate marketing website?”, “Do you need one?“, “How does affiliate marketing work?”, and more. In addition to that, we will discuss a tool that can help would-be online entrepreneurs to get started in their affiliate marketing career.
So, let’s get to work.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Before we discuss what is an affiliate marketing website, let us first talk about how affiliate marketing works.
Affiliate marketing works by delegating responsibilities such as the product creation and advertisement to different parties. This system takes advantage of each of the party’s abilities to create an effective marketing plan of action. There are three parties involved in affiliate marketing. They are:
- The seller and/or product creators – this can be a solo entrepreneur or an established company that has a product to offer. The product can be physical goods, or a service such as tutorials. The seller does not necessarily have to actively campaign or market the product, but they can profit from sharing their revenue through offering affiliate marketing.
- The affiliate – this is the publisher which can be a company or an individual that has the ability to present a product in an engaging way to entice customers to buy. Simply put, the affiliate convinces the customers that they need to buy the product. If the customer buys a product, the affiliate gets a commission from the sale made. More often than not, the affiliate has a specific target to whom they present the products/goods/services.
- The customer – is the heart of the system unbeknownst to them. The affiliates advertise the product on different platforms such as their websites and social media accounts. When the customers purchase the item being marketed, the seller and the affiliate split the profit. The customer may be unaware that they are part of the whole process. But most of the time, the affiliate discloses that they will get a share from the purchase. The good thing about this is that the buyers don’t have to pay extra for the product bought through the affiliate. The retail price already covers the affiliate’s commission, and the buyer completes the purchase and receives the product as normal.
Now that we know how affiliate marketing works, let us now answer the question in our title.
What Is an Affiliate Marketing Website?
An affiliate marketing website is your money maker. It helps you refer potential customers to products and services that they want and need. You get a portion of the profit every time you get a sale. Sounds easy, right? However, there’s more to this business model than meets the eye.
Anyhow, below are the reasons why affiliate marketing is one of the most known ways to make money online:
- Huge budget is NOT needed. You can set up a blog for a low price and start creating content.
- There are tons of affiliate programs available. Whatever the niche you may be in, there is a program or product out there for you. You might even find it hard to pick a niche.
- There are tools to make life easier. You can even hire people to create and manage the site, and write content for you.
Seasoned affiliate marketers will tell you that having an affiliate marketing website is great if you want a side gig where you can get extra cash. However, this is not for everyone.
Do You Need an Affiliate Marketing Website?
We are past the question “what is an affiliate marketing website”, but are you sure that having one is right for you?
It was quite easy to create one in the past. You just have to do an initial set up and you are good to go. But now, everything has changed as more and more people are trying out this business model for themselves.
There’s a lot of competition, especially in evergreen niches. Thus, you will need to do more to be noticed. If you are still doubtful of getting your own affiliate marketing website, you might want to think about it. Those who belong to the groups below suit having their own affiliate marketing website:
- People with free time – you can grow your own site if you already have a steady income and time to spare.
- Those with SEO background – Search Engine Optimization is a vital skill that any affiliate marketer must possess.
- Have web development know-how – you can save money on building sites if you do it yourself.
- Have money to spare – you can invest in outsourcing tasks needed to build and run your site.
Apart from those, you also need to be patient, persistent, and have a considerable budget. If you meet at least two of those mentioned above, having a site would do wonders for you.
How to Create an Affiliate Marketing Website?
By now, you already know the answer to the question “What is an affiliate marketing website?”, and if you should have one. The next logical step is to know how to create one.
As already mentioned, it is tedious, but there are tools you can use to make it a whole lot easier. For instance, you can try out Wealthy Affiliate as they have a host of resources you can use to get started. So how do you build one using that platform?
When you get the access to the member’s area, go to “website” and then click site builder. After which, here are the things you need to do:
1. Pick the kind of website. There are only two choices here – a free site or that on your own domain. For those who are still starting out, you can try the free domain option which will be built on the .siterubix.com domain.
The premium members of Wealthy Affiliate can create and host up to 10 websites including free ones. With this membership type, you can migrate your free site to a registered domain (your own) with the use of “Premium Only” move. Thus, it is okay if you start out with a free one and change later on.
2. Select a domain. Remember to pick a niche first before proceeding to this step. When you are done with that, you can select a name for your site and type it on the “domain name” field. This is crucial as this will be your BRAND and website URL.
For example, “best of make money online” is your choice. Type it into the domain name field and it will show you if that domain is already taken or not. If your first choice is no longer available, just do another quick search until you get to a domain name that you like.
Also, you are not allowed to put spaces in between the words of your domain name. In our case, it should be “bestofmakemoneyonline”.
3. Determine a website name. Your website name needs to match your domain name. Make sure that it is grammatically correct and has proper spacing in it. For instance, the title of our website should be “Best of Make Money Online”.
This is a really easy step and you don’t need to think hard.
4. Choose a theme or design. This is your layout and look. Starter members get to choose one free theme that has been pre-selected for security, quality, speed, and look.
Premium members can choose from up to 4,000 themes and more are added to this roster day by day. As soon as you pick the theme that you want, you will be able to create your site.
Easy, right? Site building does not have to be extremely complicated. Wealthy Affiliate makes your life easier like that. This way, the only thing you need to worry about is the ins and outs of affiliate marketing. Unsure how to do that? Wealthy Affiliate is the answer AGAIN.
Why so? Wealthy Affiliate does not only answer the question “what is an affiliate marketing website”, it also gives you strategies to ensure success on your chosen campaigns. The platform has tons of valuable resources that you can use to educate yourself.
Moreover, you can get helpful advice from experienced affiliate marketers and active community members who are more than willing to help out fellow affiliate marketers. This is just pure gold and too good to miss out on.
Do you want to know Wealthy Affiliate better and the benefits that you can reap from joining the community? You can click right here to read more about it.
We hope that we answered the question “What is an affiliate marketing website” and helped you figure out if you need to have one. Good luck!