Many people fall victim to scams. Some reasons may include negative life events or loneliness, debts, pressure, lack of ability to conduct research, impulsive behavior, and many others. Most people do not report scams. People believe that there are really companies that can make them earn a lot of money. Welcome to the promises of the multilevel companies (MLM). If you are reading this, you probably know how to protect yourself. You know that it’s important to do your research first.
Our goal is to derive a well-thought-out decision based on truths. This is a review of Zija International, one of the oldest MLM companies in the industry that operates around the globe. It was founded by Kenneth Brailsford, who is a pioneer in network marketing and the development of herbal supplements, in 2006. Brailsford has over 36 years of expertise in both fields.
Zija offers weight management, skin care, liquid nutritional and performance supplements. Most of its products are Moringa-based. Moringa has many benefits like anti-inflammation, cancer cell killer, liver healing and others. The company’s products can treat over 300 wellness problems. This is a great benefit for Zija as there is so much scientific study to prove the claims. All their products are sold through network marketing and are considered to be premium-priced. The company uses almost a hundred nutritional ingredients in its weight management products and claims that all ingredients are non-artificial.
Becoming a Zija Distributor
Like other network marketing companies, you can become a Zija’s distributor by purchasing a distributor kit. If you are capable of marketing super food products, this may work for you. The membership fee is around $42 while distributor bundled kits price range from $330 to $1,320; but the kits are optional.
Startup costs are expensive, right? You have to maintain a monthly AutoShip (a regular shipment of a product on the basis of a standing order supported by some form of automatic payment) order to benefit from the company’s compensation plan. Many said that Zija’s compensation plan is way better than the others because it offers more than ten ways to earn for its distributors. Some are direct sales commissions, team’s commissions, check match, bonuses and order rebates, etc.
- Retail sales – commission from retail sales is the difference between the wholesale cost and retail cost.
- Fast start commissions (FSC) – you will get a 25 percent commission from the initial orders made within 28 days of the new distributor that you are able to enroll. This has no limit.
- 90 days rank run – this works when you achieve 3 same ranks for the first time for three 3 consecutive months. This can be doubled by joining the gold system.
- Team leader bonuses – you can get this by building your own team.
- Team Benz luxury car program – you have to maintain a solid and good business which means that you achieve the pay rank of at least gold. Zija will help you have your own Benz!
- Repeat order customers (ROC) – ROC is a retail customer that has AutoShip repeat order set up. For example, you have a ROC volume of 599 or less for the current period qualifies you for a 15 percent ROC bonus.
- Zija rewards program – your frequent buying will give you points, which you can redeem later on.
- Team commissions – this plan compensates you by giving you percentage on the products made by your entire downlines. This is per business center.
- Leadership check match pool – this is applicable to distributors with the rank of emerald and above. This allows you to earn up to six percent commission from the commissions of the distributors that you personally sponsor.
- Diamond pool – Zija pays up to four percent of commissionable volume for ranks diamond and above for each personally sponsored tree leg.
- Diamond elite pool – it has the same mechanics as diamond pool, but offers only two percent for ranks diamond elite and above.
- One-time bonus – if you achieve any of the highest ranks for the first time, you are entitled to a one-time bonus. The amount will depend on the rank.
- Multiple business centers – if you reach the rank of triple diamond, you are qualified to build a second business center which will generate an additional $10,000 and team commission on a weekly basis.
Advantages of Being a Zija Distributor
It is always best to learn from experience. Zija offers and events—summits, leadership conferences, distributor trainings, which are posted on their website and Facebook account. These events help its distributors mingle with one another to acquire techniques and valuable skills.
It is apparent that Zija makes an effort to inspire and support its distributors. The company also takes this opportunity to introduce new and product updates. You will notice that this company really wants to be successful with you. They also have Zija University, which provides trainings and learning sessions on how to grow the business.
In the company’s 14 years of operation, they were able to innovate which is very important in any industry. Zija has a mobile customer relationship management application which can track information that will help distributors to prospect and get quality leads. The company is leveraging in automation. They are able to respond and adapt to the digital economy, which is another advantage.
Reviews About Zija
Better Business Bureau (BBB) allows you to review general ratings for a company. It is also a platform for raising marketplace concerns. Zija also has an A+ grade (which score in the range from 97 to 100) with the BBB and is a recognized business. The company meets all the criteria set by BBB and is evaluated based on factors like complaint history, type of business, time in business, transparent practices, failure to honor commitments, licensing and government requirements. It has been accredited since 2012. What does this mean? Zija is a legitimate business and is committed to making a good faith effort to resolve complaints.
On the BBB site, you will see that for the last 3 years, Zija closed 11 complaints, and four 4 complaints in 12 months. The issues include billing and collection, and problems with products and services. Four out of seven reviews showed that Zija is a good and life-changing company.
Online Reputation of Zija
According to SimilarWeb (July 2019), a website that provides analytics services for businesses, the traffic rank of Zija website is 497,736 as compared to all other sites in the world, 144,105 as compared to all other sites in its leading countries, 8,084 as compared to all other sites in its industry or category. Total visits in May 2019 – 75,800. In July 2019, Alexa (another website analytics service provider) ranked Zija’s website at 668,800 (global).
For the current market position, Zija has 2,580 employees and a negative 1.19 percent growth in 2019 (Craft, 2019).
The search interest for the company’s website is 61. A value of 100 is the peak popularity of the term while a value of 50 means that the term is half popular (Google Trends, August 2019). On the online and social media presence note, Zija has 105,226 Facebook likes and 4,441 visits and 8,350 Twitter followers.
Zija is an established brand. It has been operating since 2006 and has an estimated $31.77 million sales (D&B Hoovers).
The profiles of the executive leadership team and the product advisory council show that they have the expertise in the industry. It can be perceived that Zija has impeccably high standards.
These are all good indicators of the legitimacy of the business.
Zija – Scam or Not?
So, what made people think that Zija is a scam?
Some distributors failed and they might think that the opportunities presented to them are all lies. Zija also has sales minimum for team commissions. This means that for you to be eligible to belong to the group volume paying team commissions, you must maintain two 2 enrollments who are placing $99 order per month. If you are not into this kind of business, this system may be difficult for you.
There are reported consumers’ experiencing side effects which include nausea, headache, stomach pain, and unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe consumers did not consult their doctors, which Zija and any other companies always recommend before taking any of their products.
Zija is not a scam. Your success will come from your personal drive and dedication. The products and the compensation plans and incentives are just secondary aspects.
To close this review, here are a few tips on how to avoid scams.
There are programs that are too good to be true, meaning, you will receive so much with a little spending or effort. A legitimate program requires time and action. Do not forget to evaluate between the offer and how things usually happen in real-life situations. If you are to enter to any businesses or pay for certain membership, take at least seven days to decide. Do not be impulsive and don’t believe in everything they say. Make sure to know the details of the program.
Although Zija International is not a scam, it isn’t easy to make money with them as many people think. It’s not easy to make money with any MLM company, especially if you haven’t joined in the beginning or in the early stage.
If you want to make money if MLM, you should first do some research about MLM.
From my experience, learning affiliate marketing and starting your own online business is easier than making money with MLM. You can be your own boss, and you own’t need to recruit people to make money.